The D-ShakL anchor can be mounted onto various surfaces and used in numerous ways – it is truly a universal anchor point. It is a 360-degree use anchor. Unlike other anchors, our forged D-ring is captured on the shackle with a spot-welded plate. This keeps the D-ring united with the anchor at all times, especially during installation in tough situations.
The anchor is only 4.5” x 2.0” and can be mounted on the exterior or interior of structures. It can be installed onto wood framing, concrete and metal structures for a permanent or temporary application. It is rated for 5,000 pounds and installs with ½” hardware (bolts/all-thread/concrete wedge anchors/poured in place concrete anchors/epoxy/field weld). The anchor can also be used in a horizontal lifeline application for up to 3 workers in fall restrain using our pre-made 3/8” cable lifelines.
The D-ShakL is not designed as a roof mounted anchor point as there is no way to waterproof it. Exterior wood framed walls can be flashed, and concrete/masonry walls require caulking on the edges. Fasteners are supplied by customer. A separate anchor can be used as a backer plate or the installer can use washers to secure the backside of the anchor point.
- STRUCTURE ATTACHMENTS: Wood Beams, Wood Trusses, Steel Decking, Structural Steel, Concrete, etc.
- STRUCTURE CONFIGURATION: Walls, Ceilings, Floors, Roof Field, Flat, Vertical and Upside Down
- ATTACHMENT HARDWARE: ½” Grade-8 Bolts, A-307 Threaded Rod, Concrete Wedge Anchors or Field Welding
- FALL PROTECTION CONFIGURATIONS:
- Stand Alone Anchor/Tie-Back Anchors for 1 person Fall Protection
- Horizontal Lifeline System for 2 users in fall arrest from 10-20’ with multiple horizontal lines linked together using center/intermediate anchors.
- Horizontal Lifeline System for 3 users in fall restraint from 10-20’ with the option of multiple horizontal lines linked together using center/intermediate anchors.
Each D-shakL Anchor comes with a 2-page comprehensive Instruction/Specification Manual to cover most installation options. See the Engineering tab for comprehensive design/testing/engineering documents.
- Complies with OSHA 1926:502 and 1910:140
- ASTM 123 Hot Dip Galvanized Coating
- 5,000-pound Minimum Strength
- Numerous Mounting Options Available
- Can be used to mount Vertical Lifeline or SRL’s
- Stand Alone Anchors or Use in Horizontal Lifeline System
- ASTM Hot Dip Galvanized Coating
- Large Inventory in Stock
- Engineered Design for Easy Compliance
Please read and understand the manufacturer instructions before using this product