The Guardian Fall Protection Safe-T Ladder Extension System is designed to attach to the top of a ladder to provide a safe and easy transition from the ladder to a raised surface. It requires no tools, drilling, or bolting to install, and is one of the most effective means of improving the safety of nearly any ladder. Once installed, it provides 2 offsetting handrails that offer a point of walkthrough to step on or off the ladder. This patented piece of equipment assists workers in complying with OSHA standard 1926.1053(b), which states, “When portable ladders are used for access to an upper landing surface, the ladder side rails shall extend at least 3 feet (.9 m) above the upper landing surface to which the ladder is used to gain access.” The Safe-T Ladder Extension is incredibly simple to use, tightens onto a ladder by hand, and will never scratch or damage the ladder to which it is attached. The unit has a safety latch that prevents it from slipping off the ladder, it is specially designed with cushioned bumper pads to help protect the eave of the roof, and its handgrips help ensure maximum safety.
- Designed to attach over the top of the ladder and provide a safe and easy transition from the ladder to a second surface
- Requires no tools, drilling or bolting to hold it securely in place
- Two offsetting handrails
- Applicable Standards: OSHA 1910 & OSHA 1926 Subpart M
Compliant with all OSHA 1910 and OSHA 1926 Subpart M regulations.
Materials: powder-coated aluminum.
Extends 3’ above top of ladder.
Do not alter or modify product at any time. Not repairable.
Compatible ladder side-rail dimensions:
• Width: 0.5” - 1.375”
• Depth: 3” - 3.5”
• Bottom of first rung must be no more than 9.5” from end of ladder.
1. Slide Extension Arms over each ladder
2. Ensure spring-loaded levers fully lock in
place below first ladder rung.
3. Tighten thumb screws on both Extension
Arms until snug.